Thursday, August 4, 2011

Splash Pad

We just discovered the joy that is "splash pads." There are a handful around the Cities, and a friend of mine invited Emma and me to join her and her son at the one near her house last week. Honestly, our first trip there was kind of a flop. Ok, a big, fat flop. Emma didn't want out of my arms for a minute. Everyone and their pet goose was there (borrowed that line from my Grandma!). Traffic was pretty bad both to and from. I was so disappointed because I just knew, knew, knew she'd love it.

Well, everything's worth a second shot, so I decided to take her there again on a different day. The weather was great and it was a weekday afternoon, so it wasn't overcrowded. Lo and behold, we had a blast.

So, now we go there a lot :)

At this point, you might be wondering, "What the heck is a splash pad?" I probably should have told you before now. Basically, it's a place where kids can run around and play with stuff like bubbling hoses, water nozzles, and sprinkler arches. This splash park, in particular, is really toddler-friendly.

Here's Emma in her water shoes, ready to get in the water.


And, if I could put a caption on this one, it would read something like, "Can we go? Like, right now? Because I'm totally ready, and you're still taking pictures of me." :)


Finally, in we go!


She ran around in the spouts of water for a bit, and then we pulled out some of her toys (i.e., tupperware from our kitchen and her bath toys!).



A couple of little dudes thought her toys looked pretty fun, and wanted to play with them, too.


This little girl was just a few months younger than Emma. They kind of followed each other around. It was cuteness overload seeing two tutus within a three foot radius.


Da-da took Emma to play with a couple of the bigger kid things,


and she thought that was pretty neat-o.


Although our girl was content for some of the time to run around by herself and explore,


she definitely let us know when she wanted us to join her.


 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs