This week marked the end of a few of our summer activities: kickball and swimming lessons.
We're sad about it.
Ok, really sad about it.
It means the end of summer is near.
Emma had her last swimming lesson on Tuesday night, and at the end, she received a treat from her teacher and a little "report card." I should put it on the fridge. Sweet little girl received her first report card.
It basically tells us what skills she mastered and where she has room to grow. Here's a look at it.
Emma's teacher thought she seemed at ease and felt safe in the water, and over the course of the lessons, she saw Emma submerge her face, float on her back (assisted) for 10 seconds, participate in group water games, and kick her feet while on her front/back for 10 seconds (assisted).
She didn't get a checkmark for two things, and those things were ability to blow bubbles in the water and comfort wearing a lifejacket.
Oh, the lifejacket.
This is the happiest, and I mean happiest, picture I took of her wearing it. You may remember it. That's a look of mere toleration on her face!
TB and I thought she did great in her lessons, and we had fun in the water with her. We'll probably continue to hit the pool over the winter because Emma likes going so much. Plus, she hasn't gone down the slide she likes there near enough!