Monday, August 29, 2011

The Bear Cave

There's a little corner of Emma's room that's become known as the "bear cave" because it's where her big polar bear lives.


It's not a big corner.

And there's nothing fancy about it.


Emma's just drawn to it.

Maybe because it feels like a little fort?

A few weeks ago, before bedtime, we started reading books in the bear cave. Just for fun.

Now she wants to lay in the bear cave with Mama every night, after Da-da gives her a bath and she's squeaky clean and ready for bed.

It's quickly become my favorite time of the day.

I've been thinking that it would be really neat to do something more decorative with the cave to make it more inviting to bear-loving humans such as Emma, TB, and me. I figure it's a space Emma will only love more as she gets older and into forts and hideouts.

Most of my inspiration for the space is coming from Pinterest.

I like how this space has bookshelves at the little girl's height. It would be fun to do this in the cave because it's where we read before bed.


A curtain would feed the whole fort/hideout idea and I'm sure Emma would love it. I also like the pillows and what this mama has done with paint (or maybe it's not paint?) on the inside to give it a different feel than the rest of the room.


Then again, how neat would a canopy be? This is a DIY canopy in the first picture and I like that it's at a low height. I could hang one even with Emma's crib. The bases of both spaces look comfy, too.



Speaking of bases, this is a dog bed that the little one is sitting on. Brilliant? Mmm hmm. 


And, last but not least, it's understated (with just three pillows and a rug), but this is a cute and comfortable-looking space that would be easy to duplicate in the cave.


Emma and I went shopping at Ikea and Target this weekend and she "helped" me as I tried out a few of these ideas. It's still a work in progress, but we're getting closer to a finished product.
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs