Monday, February 1, 2010

Cowboys 2010

Alright, I won't lie, Katie has been doing most of the "bloggin" so far. I decided I better get involved because I know when Baby Emma comes, I'll be responsible for most of the updates when we are at the hospital. I better start practicing.

To test my skills, I figured I'd start with the Cowboys. I mean, what can be better, right? Though the season is over, Dad and I have already started talking about 2010 and where we want to go. Before we look at 2010, though, let's look at 2009.


We started in Green Bay for the 2nd straight year. Though the loss was tough to swallow, we did see the Boys win in 2008 at Lambeau for the first time ever. We plan to be back at Lambeau in 2010. Who knows, maybe we will even have a new Cowboys fan with us?

After Green Bay we headed to the "Death Star" in Dallas for the inagural season in Cowboys Stadium.



After watching a pitiful 7 quarters of football (counting GB), we saw the Cowboys come back in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter to beat Washington 7-6. As always, Dad and I met some interesting characters along the way. In Dallas we met the "Druggies."
I've posted the 2010 schedule below just in case you want to get involved by attending, donating, or giving us food :) How it works: Dad and I rent an RV in whatever city we are staying in and usually get to the stadium on a Friday. We try to be "locals" and do a stadium tour. We grill out and have a few cocktails throughout the day. We set up our "Wonder-Pole," which is a 60 ft. collapsable flag pole on which we fly a Texas and Cowboys flag. We play washers, cards, and any other game we can think of using our Texas resources. Next year we plan to go to Lambeau once again (in the last 14 years the Cowboys have played there 3 times, including next year, and so we will able to attend all 3 games) as well as New York where they will play the Giants. The Giants will have just opened a new 1.3 billion dollar stadium and we figured the girls (KB, EB, and Ang) might want a get away as well.
****************************
2010 Cowboy's Away Schedule:

NYG
WAS
PHI
IND
ARZ
MIN
GB
HOU
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs