Monday, February 22, 2010

28 Weeks


Pregnancy Quiz:

How Far Along Are You? 28 weeks.

Total Weight Gain? 21 lovely pounds.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! I wish I could show you all of my cute clothes. I think my maternity wardrobe is cuter than my normal wardrobe.

Sleep? Not too shabby. I've turned into a bit of a night owl (see "Movement?" section).

Best Moment This Week? Hitting the third trimester! And when our doctor listened to Emma's heartbeat on Friday and said "Your baby sounds great!" Tyler's was when he picked me up one afternoon to run a quick errand. I thought we were going out for just a minute so I threw on a K-State t-shirt, fleece, and jeans. The shirt and fleece did not fit in any, way, shape, or form and he laughed as soon as he saw me.

Movement? Feeling so much movement these days! In fact, last night it felt like Emma was having a party in my belly between the hours of 9pm and 1:30am.

Food Cravings? ICEEs and fruit (apples, in particular).

Gender? Girl.

Labor Signs? Nothing new. Just having lots of Braxton Hicks contractions. Also wasn't dilated at our last appointment so that is good.

Belly Button In or Out? In.

What Do You Miss? Sleeping on my stomach.

What Are You Looking Forward To? Our doctor's appointment next Friday. I'm consistently measuring two weeks ahead of schedule. Doesn't mean she'll come early but it's possible!

Milestones? "This week your amazing baby has reached over 2 1/2 pounds and may be almost 16 inches long. Baby's skill of the week: blinking. Yes, along with the other tricks in a growing repertoire that already includes coughing, sucking, hiccupping, and taking practice breaths, your baby can now blink those sweet little eyes. Dreaming about your baby? Baby may be dreaming about you, too, courtesy of the REM (rapid eye movement) sleep she has started getting. But this little dreamer isn't ready for birth day just yet. Though her lungs are nearly fully mature by now (making it easier for your baby - and you - to breathe easier if she were born now), your baby still has a lot of growing to do" (What to Expect When You're Expecting, 2008).
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs