Monday, February 15, 2010

Birth Class #2


Last night was our second birth class! The topic was nutrition, which has always been a really interesting topic to me. For a snack we had apples, cheese, yogurt, and crackers. Each week a couple brings food from a different food group. So, this week was milk products. Tyler and I picked greens and will probably bring a spinach salad. Let me know if you have any yummy spinach salad recipes!

You will be happy to know that Tyler and I practiced our exercises all week long and looked totally coordinated at class. I also noticed a big difference in the way I felt this week because of them. Sadly we have to stop one at the end of this week because I hit the 28 week mark, which is the start of the third trimester. It's an exercise that could encourage Miss Emma to come early and we don't want that to happen.

The other thing we did last night was watch a birth video. Tyler did not in fact collapse on the floor as I thought he might but said something like "Hey, that wasn't so bad." Can you believe it?! Any of you who know him well know that he is really squeamish about blood and bodily fluids, so this was awesome news considering he's my main coach and all :)

Some interesting stuff we learned this week:

1. There is growing evidence that suggests Autism, ADHD, and other childhood issues are related to nutritional deficiencies.
2. The Bradley method teaches that giving birth is an athletic event. That is why they call husbands "coaches."
3. Some women crave really strange things during pregnancy. No, I'm not talking ice cream and pickles. Some women crave paper, dirt, sand, clay, etc. It's called pica.
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs