Thursday, February 25, 2010

Check It Out!


Do you know about Pandora? If not, Tyler and I think you should go to this website (www.pandora.com) when you have a minute.

It's pretty much an internet radio. But not just any radio! When you go to the site, you can type in any song, artist, or band whose music you like and are in the mood for. Then, Pandora will quickly create a radio station for you that plays hours of music that is similar to what you wanted to hear. Cool, huh?

Let's say, though, that one minute you're in the mood for one type of music and the next minute you're in the mood for another type. That's ok! Pandora lets you create multiple stations. I often move from station to station depending on my mood and what I'm doing.

I'm not exactly sure how Pandora knows what to play you but I read it was started by the Music Genome Project. The goal of the project is to capture the essence of music at the fundamental level and organize it using mathematical algorithms. So, to pick the next song you hear, Pandora considers something like 400 attributes of the song you just heard.

And best of all, it's free! Well, free if you don't mind creating a username/password and hearing an occasional (and really, just occasional) ad.
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs