So, where was I? Oh, right, Emma's birthday...
We spent her big day in Des Moines, which was actually completely unplanned. Her birthday coincided with the end of my semester and a big meeting of TB's. Because my family was staying in Des Moines an extra few days anyway, we thought it might be better to stay with them for the family help. The icing on the cake was that we also had some extra time to celebrate our sweet girl.
And celebrate we did.
Late in the afternoon, we headed outside to play with a few of her new birthday gifts. My obsession with our camera means that I captured it for you to see :)
I can't wait to tell you all about her big party. My sister's friend took the pictures so that we could just enjoy ourselves, so the only picture I have is this one. I took it just before the partay started.