Thursday, March 11, 2010

Funny Interviews

As part of a research assistantship I have through school, I conduct online interviews with high school and college students from around the country. It's really fun.

Lately, I have had a few, shall we say, memorable interviews. They went something like this:

Katie: What kinds of things do you spend your money on each week?
Student: Oh, you know, entertainment things.
Katie: Can you give me an example of an "entertainment thing"?
Student: Ummm, play materials...
Katie: Ok, thanks! (all the while thinking...huh???)

Katie: Do you still have a checking account?
Student: Hold on, I gots to eat.
Katie: No problem! I'll be here when you get back. Just know that I have another interview that starts in an hour.
***20 minutes pass***
Student: I'm back. I was really hungry.
Katie: I know how that goes. Do you still have a checking account?

Katie: How would your parents describe you financially compared to your friends?
Student: Pretty responsible. Can you hold on a sec?
Katie: Sure
Student: Ok, cuz there are fire alarms going off in my building right now. I have to go outside.
Katie: Oh no, get out of there! I'll sit tight.
***15 minutes pass***
Student: I'm back! Sorry about that. Some drunk kid probably pulled the fire alarm again.
Katie: I remember the same thing happening to me in college...
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs