Tuesday, March 9, 2010

30 Weeks


Pregnancy Quiz:

How Far Along Are You? The big 3-0. We've started the single digit countdown!

Total Weight Gain? 22 pounds.

Maternity Clothes? Yes. Breaking news is that some of my comfy maternity shirts are leaving my belly hanging out at the bottom. It's a cute look, let me tell you.

Sleep? Pretty good. Can't complain.

Best Moment This Week? Going to the doctor! I'm still measuring a few weeks farther along than I actually am and Emma has turned head down (according to our doctor and my ribcage).

Movement? Yes! And lots of rolling around, too.

Food Cravings? Sweets, but I'm trying really hard to stay away from them.

Gender? Girl! I thought about playing a game with you today and putting boy here but I didn't have the heart to shock you in such a way...

Labor Signs? I've been having more crampy Braxton Hicks contractions.

Belly Button In or Out? In.

What Do You Miss? No backaches.

What Are You Looking Forward To? Probably our next trip to the doctor, which is next Friday.

Milestones? "What's 17 inches long, just over 3 pounds in weight, and cute all over? It's your baby - and she is getting bigger by the day (in case you couldn't tell from the size of your belly). Also getting bigger daily is baby's brain, which is preparing for life outside the womb - and for a lifetime of learning. Starting this week, your baby's brain is starting to look like one, taking on those characteristic grooves and indentations. These wrinkles allow for future expansion of brain tissue that is crucial as your baby goes from helpless newborn to responsive infant to verbal toddler to curious preschooler and beyond. Your baby's bigger and better brain is also starting to take on tasks previously delegated to other parts of the body, like temperature regulation. Now that the brain is capable of turning up the heat (with the help of that growing supply of baby fat), your baby will start shedding lanugo, the downy, soft body hair that has been keeping her warm up to this point. Which means that by the time your baby is born, she probably won't be fuzzy wuzzy anymore." (What to Expect When You're Expecting, 2008).
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs