Pregnancy Quiz:
How Far Along Are You? 31 weeks.
Total Weight Gain? Unsure. Our scale is currently telling me I weigh 4.8 pounds. It's been the highlight of my week.
Maternity Clothes? Oh yes.
Sleep? Pretty good. I wake up a lot in the middle of the night and think about everything on my baby and school to-do lists but I figure I'll be up at that hour in a few months anyway so maybe it's good training!?
Best Moment This Week? During birth class this week, Emma kicked up a storm for about an hour. I think she was excited about hanging out with her baby friends :)
Movement? Yes, more and more everyday!
Food Cravings? I'm still craving sweets so I bought some mint chocolate chip ice cream. Mmmmm.
Gender? Still a girl!
Labor Signs? Nothing really. Just the typical Braxton Hicks contractions.
Belly Button In or Out? In.
What Do You Miss? Sleeping on my belly.
What Are You Looking Forward To? Our trip to the doctor this Friday!
Milestones? "Though your baby still has 3 to 5 pounds more to gain before delivery, she is weighing in at an impressive 3-plus pounds this week. And at 18 inches long (give or take a couple because fetuses this age come in all sizes), your baby is quickly approaching her birth length. Also developing at an impressive clip these days: your baby's brain connections (baby has to make trillions of them). And she is able to put that complex web of brain connections to good use, too - already processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. Your brainy baby is also a sleepy one, putting in longer stretches of snooze time, specifically in REM sleep - which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wake (and kicking) and sleeping (quiet) times from your little one." (What to Expect When You're Expecting, 2008).