Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dirty Story

One thing you might not know about Emma is that she's by nature a pretty clean girl. I can count on one hand the number of times she's needed a complete wardrobe change during the day and I have literally never used a burp cloth for its traditional purpose because she doesn't spit up.

But as she's growing and discovering things like dirt, that's starting to change. She first learned that dirt existed at Grandma and Grandpa's house. She sank her hands in it as far as she could and grabbed a handful to play with on the ground. It was, no doubt, love as first handful.


Now that we've added a few indoor plants to our living room and her room, it's like she's won the baby lottery. Who knew dirt could be so exciting?

Anyway, the other night we were going to have some friends over. Not surprisingly, Emma found one of our plants about 5 minutes before they were to arrive. I picked her up and started smooching her and she put her hand on my face. The whole "hand on my face" part should have registered with me then, but it didn't, and instead I went to answer the door with a perfect little hand print on my face. If you've seen the movie Life As We Know It, you understand.

After my highly amused hubby laughed,

and laughed,

and laughed,

and laughed,

and laughed,

(by the end, Emma and I were laughing, too, even though we had no idea why we were laughing)

(gotta love my hubby)

he took a picture of us. The dirt had worn off by then, but you get the idea.

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs