Back to journal article writing,
classes,
data analyzing,
and reading (oh, the reading).
But this time, I'll be going back with the prettiest 14-pounder you've ever seen waiting at home for me. It's a first. No doubt she'll creep into my thoughts one million times per day.
The way she smiles at me when she first wakes up,
the way she wraps her fingers tightly around mine on walks,
the way she "talks" to me when I talk to her,
and the way she searches for me and my voice when we're around crowds of people.
The thought of missing one moment of her day makes me want to flood our entire family room. Like right now. But I'll try to keep my cool so that I don't wake Tyler or Emma. I can do some ugly crying when I get going. Ladies, you know what I'm talkin' about. What's going to make it all ok, though, is that she'll be spending her two days away from me every week with her awesome daddy, who she completely adores and desperately needs one-on-one time with. I'm leaving them with a freezer full of milk so she won't go hungry, a half-decorated but stocked playroom, and some idea of when she gets hungry and tired. Besides that, they're on their own.
They'll do so great. No doubt about it.
And me? I'll be at school trying not to do the ugly cry and watching the clock go tick, tick, tick until I can get home to them both.