Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Playroom

This is KB, blogging to you from....HOME! We finally have the internet again and I'm spending the evening checking all of my favorite blogs and catching up on e-mail while simultaneously watching Fried Green Tomatoes on TV. An excited TB left to go play dodgeball a little while ago but arrived home just a short time later after he learned that it had been canceled. He was so bummed! The Twins play tonight so we'll probably turn the game on in a bit and/or sit out on our little patio and enjoy the weather.

Remember when I said we planned to convert our office into a playroom for Emma? I've finished half the room! Two of the walls are windows so the room gets great light during the day. I took these pictures last week when the sun was going down so it's a little hard to tell how bright it actually gets.


The rug is new. It has lots of flowers and ladybugs on it, and the colors are fun. We already had the bookcase and four-shelf toy bin. The big circles came from IKEA (just $5 each!) and the hanging green thing and fun stuffed animals came from IKEA, too. I could live at IKEA, I tell you.

Here's a close-up of the right corner of the room. I still need to do something with the wall because it's looking pretty bare. Some fun family pics would probably look great there.


And here's a close-up of the left corner of the room. Emma has a lot of great books, and believe it or not, it only takes us one to two days to read all of them. She loves to read and talks/laughs/pays close attention in all of the right places. She's so awesome.


On the other side of the room, I am thinking of putting brightly colored workout mats down. The rug is nice for playing on the floor and reading, and will one day be perfect when Emma is crawling and learning to walk, but the foam mats would be great for anything messy we get ourselves into :) I'd love to put a little table and chairs on that side of the room and maybe an easel with a chalk board on one side and a white board on the other side.

I'll let you know when the other side is done!
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs