Earlier this summer, we looked at it longingly, knowing that someday Emma would love to go there. Someday is here! We just started going a week or so ago because Emma's interested in one thing, and wants to do it all. the. time.
The obsession started when we brought home her little slide that sits on the side of our house. I would say she goes down it about 20 times a day these days, always a handful of times in the morning and evening. The pool we go to for her swimming lessons also has a slide, and sometimes we think she tolerates her lessons because she knows that at the end she'll get to go sliding! We help her slide down the water slide because she's not big enough yet to come down into the water alone, but she slides down her slide at home all by herself, and has actually started not going down at all unless we're three feet away. What a big girl :)
Well, this playground down the road also has a slide. Two, actually. One is for little kids, and one is for big kids. She really likes going there. This is her signing "more" as we were arriving. Translated, that means "Cool, I'm at the playground again! I want to do everything!"
and then Emma went down all by herself. This slide is bigger than hers at home, so it's hit or miss whether she wants to face it alone.
Then, we headed over to the big slide, by climbing up the stairs and walking across the bridge.
and if you can't tell, she loved it and wanted "more!"
But, only if Kitty could come, too.
This was about the time in the evening when I ran out of battery, so Emma and I continued exploring and sliding and playing in the sand while Da-da reconnected with his 9-year-old self :)