Thursday, July 21, 2011

Just Keep Swimming

Emma is taking swimming lessons this summer, although we've dubbed her class more of a splash-around-with-your- child-and-get-him/her-used-to-the-water kind. She loves it, and we love the chance to be part of it with her. The teacher sings songs that encourage the kids to look at the bottom of the pool/splash in the water/blow bubbles in the water, we practice getting in and out of the pool, and generally have fun playing and floating around. We're there an hour, and Tyler and I trade who gets in the water with Emma for the first 30 minutes, which is the length of the actual "lesson." The last 30 minutes is free time, so we all get in and do things like go down the slide and play with the water toys, because we don't get to do it in class.

It was Tyler's turn to get in with Emma this week, and as we're about halfway through the lessons, I thought I should bring our camera and take some pictures of them in the water!

So, here's our class in the little pool. It's usually where the lessons start. The little girl to the right of Tyler and Emma (wearing the purple swimsuit and pigtails) is Emma's age, and she and Emma are the youngest in the class.


 After doing some activities in the little pool, our class moved to the big pool.

They practiced "swimming"


 
and putting on life vests, which Emma did not love, but at least tolerated.

Tyler and Emma came close to me once so that I could get a posed picture of them. Honestly, I couldn't decide which one to show you, so you get all of them. I love how Emma's smile gets a little bigger with each shot!





 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs