Sunday, April 11, 2010

Weekend Happenings

It's a bit hard to believe but we've finished our birth classes after a long 10 weeks. They were on Sunday evenings but because all of us are getting close to our due dates, we decided to push the last two classes to Thursday evenings instead. Overall, we loved the classes and highly recommend the Bradley Method. Now we're just waiting to put what we learned into practice! Well, maybe not everything. At our last class, we learned about emergency childbirth. For your information, we now know how to deliver our baby at home, in the car, and on the floor at Target. Can you imagine the horror of giving birth at Target of all places? I can hear it now..."Clean up on aisle 7!"

We also learned about a baby expo happening at the convention center this past weekend. Tyler and I went super early on Saturday morning with a few of the other couples from class hoping to get one of their famous goodie bags. We got one! In ours was a gift certificate for a pregnancy massage and lots of other fun things. I may get the massage a little closer to our due date because I've heard they can be great labor starters.

We also snagged one of these cute slings. I've been wanting one really bad and the company who sells them was offering a deal. They also come in manly patterns so we may order one for TB, too.


Beyond the goodies, it was fun hanging out with some of the other couples from our class!
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs