Tuesday, April 20, 2010

36 Weeks


Pregnancy Quiz:

How Far Along Are You? 36 weeks.

Total Weight Gain? 30 lovely pounds.

Maternity Clothes? Yes! I'm very much enjoying stretchy pants of any kind.

Sleep? Our new mattress gives whole new meaning to this question. Sleep is going fabulously, thank you!

Best Moment This Week? Hearing that I am beginning to dilate and efface, losing the 'ol plug, my lovely baby shower this past Sunday, and finishing the last of our baby to-do list!

Movement? Yes, although I think she's darn near out of room :)

Food Cravings? Nothing really this week.

Gender? Girl!

Labor Signs? Definitely making progress! To go along with what I said above, I'm feeling stronger contractions, too.

Belly Button In or Out? It's in.

What Do You Miss? When my belly did not run into things.

What Are You Looking Forward To? Our doctor's appointment on Thursday morning!

Milestones? "Weighing about 6 pounds and measuring somewhere around 20 inches tall, your baby is almost ready to be served up into your arms. Right now, most of baby's systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are just about equipped for life on the outside. Though the digestive system is ready to roll, too, it hasn't gotten a workout yet. Remember up until this point, your baby's nutrition has been arriving via the umbilical cord - no digestion necessary. But that's soon to change. As soon as baby takes his or her first suckle at your breast (or suck from the bottle), that digestive system will be jump-started - and those diapers will start filling." (What to Expect When You're Expecting, 2008).
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs