Monday, September 12, 2011

Babysitting Tales

A few weeks ago, Tyler had to be out of town and I had to be on a conference call. At the same time. It was truly the first time (in 15 months) that we both had to be away from Emma at the same time, which meant that our little love child needed a babysitter. Obviously, the time was going to come!

The only babysitters that Emma has ever had are family members - Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie, and MoMo - who live between 4 and 10 hours away. She sees them pretty much every month and probably senses similarities between us and them in terms of the way we act and interact with her, so she always does great.

We were kind of wondering how she would do with someone else who isn't family. We had hoped that she'd do great, and thought that she probably would because she's a great little playmate at the Children's Museum, library, and other places that we go to play. But, you just never know. Some days are "I need my Mama/Da-da!" days, due to teething pain or just because. Other days she's super independent. And, TB and I are all about meeting her needs.

My friend/fellow grad student, Ella, and her daughter, Eliza, were sweet and agreed to come over and play with Emma at our house. Eliza and Emma are six months apart (Eliza's older), and we see them pretty much every week. From the moment they walked in our door, Emma felt comfortable and got right to playing with Eliza. And, when it was time for me to go, I was the one waving and blowing kisses and telling her I'd be back before dinner, while she was all "See ya, Mama! I'm busy!" Dream come true, I tell you.

So, Emma did great. Partly because she's great ;) But partly, too, because Ella and Eliza were so good to her. Ella even took some pictures of her time with our girls, and she said that I could post them on our blog.

Sharing. Sharing is good, and we are learning about sharing.

Sharing :)

Mama against two toddlers. She's a brave woman.

It's two against one!

The two cuties were just sitting on my lap, reading books.

Both still and looking at the camera? Amazing!

Babies at Play

Emma says, "What are you doing with that letter?"

Emma's all: "WHAT!?!"

"And while I have my hands up," she says, "what is this game you are playing in my crib?" I love these pictures so much, especially the glee on Eliza's face.

"WHO? IS THAT CRAZY GIRL RUNNING IN MY CRIB?"

Top speed! (doesn't look like this is gonna end well, tho)

Thanks for taking such good care of our girl, Ella and Eliza!
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs