
Having her so close has been great, and was especially great during golf season when Tyler was working nutty hours (pre-sunrise to post-sunset practically every day) and needed as much uninterrupted sleep as possible to stay sane. It's easy for me to lift her out of her cosleeper and into our bed to nurse her, neither she nor I really "wake up" so getting back to sleep isn't a problem, Emma sleeps well close to us, and TB and I sleep well close to her knowing that she's warm and close in case of problems.
Now that golf season is behind us and Emma's getting bigger, we think it's time to transition her into her crib, mostly for her safety. At some point she'll start crawling, and we don't want to risk her crawling out of her cosleeper and falling from our bed. And we've both been saying how nice it would be to watch TV or work in our bedroom from time to time.
All I have to say about her big move is that you'd think she was moving to Guam. Seriously, it's hard! I frequently have to remind myself that she's going to be 20 itty bitty feet from our bed and it's one of many moves (e.g., into the basement, off to college, to a different state) she'll likely make in her life. But does it ever get easier? I think not.
The big news is that she now sleeps in her crib for naps. Her morning nap goes way better than her afternoon nap, but we're making progress.
A plus is that she looks awfully cute in her crib.
She also now has the chance look up at the butterfly chandalier I made for her
and do the cute "Will you pleeeease pick me up?" thing that babies do.
She's growing up.