Parking on the street has become impossible as we live on a snow emergency street, meaning they plow each side every day. Our driveway was just cleared at 11 p.m. last night. The side streets that are safe to park on have not been plowed at all. Oh, and I have 3 cars (Ian's car is in Minnesota) that can't drive in more than one inch of snow without getting stuck (also taking safe parking streets out of the game). So what do I do?
I park all three cars on the side of our street that has been cleared and put them into the driveway at night. The other side of the street, which is the side we did use for parking, is pretty much a snow storage zone.
The best part is that where I park the 3 cars during the day might be the only street in Minnesota that people are allowed to park on or can at least maneuver through the snow on, so every time I grab a new car to move, I have to walk 30 more yards home as everyone keeps parking their cars on MY street. But that's ok, we got our driveway back last night, I'm growing new muscles, and walking around in -20 wind chill is not as bad as it used to be. Plus I have now figured out a way to fit 3 cars in a driveway that is meant to maybe fit 1 or 2 cars. Who said Tetris on Nintendo would never help me in real life?
The city of St. Paul said it is 38% done plowing and we just heard it is supposed to snow 3 to 5 more inches on Wednesday. So the difficult parking situation is going to get even more difficult.
But I would do it 100 times over again and again because the snow's fun and every time I'm done I get to come in and see this pretty little face and her mama's.