Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm backkkk....

That's right, it's me, Tyler! I know you have seen me in pictures but you've probably been wondering if I'd ever blog again. First off, I'd like to thank my beautiful wife for the wonderful job she has done with the blog so far. She has kept us going strong and kept this sucker alive.

As many of you know, it's golf season, which in my world means I live at the golf course. For example, the last three Fridays and Saturdays, a 14-16 hour day was an average day. The days get long and my brain turns to mush just from working. Sundays are my short days (5:30-2) and my vacation begins Sunday afternoons. I have had Mondays off lately which is great because Mondays are our family day. It is why I work and why I can make it through the weekend each week. As you know we've been to the zoo, taken plenty of walks, and taken some family naps. We have had some great times just being a family. I never thought being a Dad could be so great. When Emma smiles, it feels like the world stops. She is an amazing baby and we love her to death.

Driving to work around 5 each morning means there isn't a lot of traffic or people up, including Katie and Emma. I can't make my normal phone calls to Katie to talk about the day so I have to listen to the radio. Lately, I've been digging sports talk radio because it isn't football season and I don't have to listen to people talk about the Viqueens.

A few weeks ago, I was on The Common Man Show. Dan "The Common Man" Cole is known in the sports talk radio world as the golf ambassador of the Twin Cities. An hour of his afternoon show is usually spent talking about his round from the morning. He tries to play a different course each morning before his show. I see him once to twice a month at the Dunes early in the morning before he heads to work. Anyway, over the years we have become familiar with each other and as I mentioned I was able to talk with him on the radio about the Dunes a few weeks ago. Well, last week he stopped in to play and I just so happen to be listening to him the day before in the car (with Katie on the way to purchase a cloth diaper) and heard his piece on golf. So, in casual conversation, I brought up the story and we talked a few minutes about golf and his son (Dan Cole Jr. who he calls "Deuce" on the radio). Long story short, I told him that Katie and I just had Emma a few months ago. He asked the normal questions like has she been to the golf course (Yes), is she playing golf yet (Yes), how many birdies has she had (Four), and so on. As the conversation was ending, he mentioned that he would bring up Emma that day on the radio. Did he? Who knows, we were unable to listen. We'll just say that he did and call Emma famous! She is already being talked about on the radio. What a lucky girl.

Well, that's is all I have for now. Look out for more posts from me in the future. I'm going to try and do one once a week and help KB out since when we started the blog it was a team effort. I will talk to you soon!
 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs