I dream of someday making Emma a quilt.
To keep her warm when she needs it,
to remind her of me and of home when she's grown,
to give her something beautiful to look at.
I love anything and everything craft-related, so I think I may find it comforting to make her one. I need creative outlets, and there's no one I'd rather make something for than her.
I don't really know how to quilt, but that's ok, I found this book at the library. I'm banking on the fact that I'm going to be able to follow its directions and end up with something that looks like a quilt when it's all said and done ;)
Before seeing this book, I wasn't familiar with the whole "jelly roll" concept. Apparently, it's a roll of 40 2 1/2 inch wide strips in different but coordinating patterns. The roll is designed to be enough fabric to make a quilt, less background, border, and binding.
Best concept ever? Yes. And, yes. It takes the guesswork out of choosing patterns that coordinate, and saves time because you don't have to cut out every piece of fabric.
I think I found the pattern, but I'm still lost in fabric-land. Moda is the company that makes jelly rolls and the choices are endless.
Make a sweet quilt?
Make a playful quilt?
I don't know! I don't know! I'll keep you updated on my dilemma.


