Thursday, March 31, 2011

Another Year Older

Tyler's birthday was today!

It's hard to believe that another year has flown by. I've had the privilege of spending his last 7 birthdays with him. And, now, we have the greater privilege of sharing our birthdays with Emma, whose big day is conveniently sandwiched between ours.

The birthday celebration started last night because TB gets kind of excited about his birthday :) He opened his gifts from Emma and me.

Babies and lions make helpful gift openers.


This is TB reading Emma's card.


Tyler and Emma spent the day together today because I had some meetings that needed to be switched to the afternoon. They had all kinds of fun, of course. Wish I could have been there! As soon as I came home, we had dinner (Mexican) and he opened the rest of his gifts.


His Grandma usually sends with her card some momento from his childhood - his baby announcement, pictures, notes that he's written her, etc. This time, she sent a few pictures along with his birth announcement from the paper. It's so fun seeing those things.


He decided that he wanted his birthday cake to be a piece of carrot cake. So, here it is in all of its glory. Yummmm.


After a good day, Daddy and baby did some playing.




And, he blew out his candles and made a wish.

 
Blog Design By: Simply Yours Designs