Hi, beloved blog readers. I know, I know, it's been awhile. The reason I've been mum over the past week is that I was readmitted to the hospital :( I hadn't been feeling the greatest and one night at 3am I woke up to horrible abdominal pain. My first thought was, "Uh, did someone take the wrong body part when I had my 'appendix' removed!?" because the pain was similar to appendicitis. When I realized it wasn't going away, I woke Tyler and told him I needed to go to the hospital. We were sitting in the emergency room less than 10 minutes later. No, I'm not kidding - that TB can move! I'm not sure he even knew why we were going to the hospital until we were in the car.
After a series of tests, we learned that my uterus had become infected as a result of my water breaking almost 24 hours before Emma was born. My white blood cell count was 20,000, which we were told was pretty high. It's a good thing we went to the hospital when we did because postpartum infections can be pretty serious and escalate into a bad situation fast. The doctors also found a pocket of fluid sitting in front of my bladder. Why it's there is still a mystery but it likely formed as a result of my uterine infection. We'll learn more at my doctor's appointment next week.
Thankfully, we're home now and I'm feeling good! Emma and Tyler were troopers throughout the whole ordeal. The two of them stuck together like glue. The hospital was generous and gave us a postpartum room so that we could care for Emma there and I could keep breastfeeding. And the nursing staff doted on Emma. She was scooped up and shown off to the entire emergency room and postpartum unit staff. It's the red hair and cheeks, I'm telling you. The combination is too much to handle.
Thank you family for coming up and helping us out yet again. And thank you to more family and friends for calling, e-mailing, facebooking, and thinking and praying for us. We felt your love.